Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

The always missed Christmas Decoration

The title may seem a little misleading because I'll probably talk about more than this, however, I've never really cared about my titles...soooooo....!

I put away Christmas stuff today, honestly, I was over Christmas on Christmas Day.  I'm not a scrooge, or at least try not to be, but I was pretty exhausted this year.  However, today I finally got around to it.  As I was packing stuff away, the plan was to make sure all my stuff fit into the 3 Red Tubs I have.  Here's the deal, when putting things away I was counting my cloth napkins (which I got at a resale shop simply for my ladies Christmas dinner, but I'm glad I did) and I could only find seven, yeah seven.  Which means, somewhere is a green napkin laying around, awesome!  This happens every year, about a week after Christmas I find one straggling thing laying around that never made it into storage and honestly, I will not go downstairs, manuveur around our games, open the tub and then find a spot for it.  Last year it was a frog ornament.  I'm not even sure where it even came from, but it sat in my desk drawer the entire year, yup, this is why my life is at time chaos but the frog ornament did make it in the tubs this year.  Anyway, so this year I walked around the house like a million times (for sure) to make sure I had everything, and I'm pretty sure I got it, EXCEPT that stupid green napkin!!!!  Am I the only one that has this problem?  It's like the sock gnome that steals the socks out of the dryer (I get so excited when the entire load has matching socks), how does it even happen?  I put everything out, I know what's out and where I put it....HOW does it vanish just long enough for me to put everything else away?

THEN how in the world do you get all the ornaments back in the box/boxes they go in?  How am I supposed to remember what box it came out of?  My mom wrote on bags and tried to write on all ornaments and boxes, but even that doesn't always help!  "Mom, I do NOT remember which ornament I made for Dad in 1987.  NOR do I remember what ornament grandma got me in 1982."  I gave up on the bags today, it was like the worst mind game I've ever been a part of!  It's like a blind folded game of Tetrus.  I do not understand this phenenom.  Again, am I the only one with this issue?  Can't they put a picture of the ornament on the outside of the box?  That would make the most sense to me.  And if it doesn't come in a box, then what am I supposed to do?  I mean, at least I can just wrap it in bubble wrap or whatever and put it in a shoe box, but then I don't remember where I got it...  It's like a vicious cycle once a year that I think about even after the box is put away and I shouldn't care anymore.  Until next year when they stare me in the face, mocking me because they are still disorganized and confusing and I have no clue where some of them came from.....  Oh next Christmas I already want to punch you!  Oh and by the way, when we were putting the boxes in storage (which is a tiny space that is never fun to try to get around in) we found a small box of my mom's Christmas stuff, which means it did NOT all fit in 3 red tubs...and you can just assume that I didn't try, left my mom's box where it was....cause that's what I did! 

Oh man, upon re-reading I just had the greatest idea!  Maybe, okay, WAIT, WOAH, I need to remember myself for a second,  I already know this is an idea that I'll probably never do, but maybe someone else will... I could take pictures of all the ornaments, print those off (small photos) and write on the back of the photos where it came from.  THEN either tape it on the box (or slide it inside the box) or if it doesn't have a box then I could slide the photo inside a baggie along with bubble wrap or whatever... sound great, now, to follow through.  In 2012 I need more follow through I think!

Speaking of disorganized, Kiwi's room has become "shove everything in here I don't want to deal with and shut the door".  All the Christmas boxes were in there so I'm so glad that's out, but it's still the biggest, most disorganized mess and it's sort of freaking me out.  Today I'm only a little over 10 weeks from my scheduled c-section, at 39 weeks.  I've never carried longer than 38 weeks...so.... BUT I'm believing for the scheduled date, it's the date I want, so Kiwi and I have talked about it, baby is staying in there until that date!!!  So, upon realizing I only have 10 weeks left and we all know I'm only going to get even more ginormous and unmotivated and whatever, I really need to get on top of my "do before Kiwi gets here" list.  I haven't officially made the list, but it's in my mind right nowm but I will make a list, I love lists, the crossing off, it's like therapy.  First things first, I have to deal with the baby's room.  The time is going to fly, as it always does.  Funny thing, a friend of mine (Candice Davis) told me when I was near the end with Zoe, to make a to -do list and when I crossed off the last thing I'd have her.   It's honestly what happened.  The last thing on my list was to dust the fans and clean bugs out of light covers.  I did that Wednesday afternoon before church and that night at church I was in labor.   It could be coincidence, but I still think it's funny.

One more thing!  So the no 'pooing.  My hair is dry, I need to research this.  I've read olive oil, I DO NOT want to do this and I won't honestly.    It's really gets dried out about day 2 or 3 after I 'wash'.  So, IDK, I'll have to research this, maybe I just need to wash every 4 days or something.  About 2 weeks ago we had a lice episode at the house and it's the first time I've EVER had to deal with lice, so I shampooed with the Rid stuff, not because I personally had any lice but because I didn't want any!  I thought, better safe than sorry!  So I'm not sure if this has restarted the 'transition' period.  I also switched from white vinegar to apple cider vinegar.  I read on a few sites that's what they use, so I switched.  The smell is wayyyy more pungent, which is sort of grossing me out, but my hair still doesn't smell, it just stinks in the shower.  So, still working with this.  I like the curls coming back and I love not wasting money on shampoo/conditioner so I will keep at it.

And in a week or two I'm having myself a little "home made cleaner" party.  Starting with laundry stuff.  I'm kind of excited about it!!! 

That's it, hopefully the next couple days I will talk about 2012.  Since this started almost exactly a year ago...time to reflect and renew :)

No comments:

Post a Comment