Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Good for me.

This weekend we had a Game Day at our house for Children's Church.  A lot of parents came, including some moms that I've really come to love.  One has just gotten off a food detox.  No gluton or sugar (could be more than that, but that's what I remember.)  She feels awesome, it was for 30 days.    As we talked, she made some major points that rang so true for me.

First, she talked about comparing calories to budgeting/dollars.  So, if you are budgetting (which as a family of 7, this is something we have to do), and say you have $2000 for the month, you subtract each thing, $800 rent, $100 electricity, so on and so forth until you get down to what you either have left for the month. If you go over you have to make adjustments.  So, when I started counting calories I'd just write down next to what I ate how much I had eaten and then add it in my head as the day went.  Today, I started with my calorie goal for the day and then subtracted as I went.  It made so much more sense, and I'm not really sure why I didn't think of that. 

Second, she talked about grieving.  Now, I've been through my fair share of grief, but this was a different sort.  I am often angry or sad that I don't have the 'priviledges' of mom's with mom, for example.  And I need to grief THAT, not just my mom.  I need to grieve my life not being exactly as I had planned it to be, in essence.

So, those things rang so true to me.  I have a list of things I want to blog about, but I figured I shouldn't use all my ideas up in one day.

I've been able to jog outside a couple days which is awesome!!  I love to be outside.  I love to put on my iPod and just jog.  I try to push myself, I still wish I had a trainer of some sort to push me, but I'm doing it, that's the important part.  I'm pretty sure it's not enough to lose weight this week, but every day that I do something good for myself, is a good day to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment