Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Grey Skies Are Gonna Clear Up...

The worst thing about winter to me is the grey skies.  I mean, I am no fan of the cold weather, I don't particularly like shoes (we'll get to this later), I really don't like driving with a coat on and bundling up my kids is no fun.  I only think snow is pretty when it's under 3 inches and doesn't effect any of my plans whatsoever.  And only the first day, after that it's brown and pushed to piles on the side of the road and it looks like dinosaur poop, so it should just evaporate.  Sledding only seems like fun if you have the energy to make it back up the hill, which at this time, I do not.  And snow men are cool, I guess, I mean, they don't talk so that's nice.

Anyway, the grey skies are really killing me here.  I know we had a good week to 10 days of beautiful weather and I get that I shouldn't be sad that the last three or four days have been grey, but for the last 4 months or so it seems like 6/7 days a week are cloudy, yuck!  I don't think the grey skies bother me as much when it's warm, well because it's warm, I can go outside and still soak up some UV's!  It seems like it'll be a few more days before the weather will be nice again, and I'm still not sure it'll still be sticking around.  I kept preparing myself that the weather fluke last week, was just that, a fluke, but I couldn't help but have hope that it would stay.

So, shoes!  Well, boots honestly.  I prefer no shoes or flip flops, I mean it's the best thing really.  Flip flops, jeans and a tank top are my absolute favorite thing to wear and I'd wear it all year long if I could.  I really need to invest in some more flip flops, I wear mine out so fast and they are really the only "shoes" that I'm particular about.  No, I don't spend a lot of money on them, but just certain things I'm particular about.  So, when I was thin, like 9ish years ago, I got my tax return about this time of year (a whole $600 and I thought I was banking!), so I decided to go out and buy boots, knee high boots, I called them "hooker boots" but we'll just say knee high boots now.  So, I was the thinnest I've ever been and I go shopping.  I hit up the regular shops for me, large discount shoe stores, it wasn't Payless, I honestly can't remember which one it was.  I found boots, they were cute, not high heels (which by the way, I CANNOT walk in, but one day I will, yes, that's right I'm 30 and cant' walk in high heels, whatever, I'm fine with it for now).  I try them on, my size 9 or 9 1/2 and they would not zip up my calves, honestly, I was pretty devastated, but I knew I hot, so I just bought a size 10.  From that day forward I had to wear 2 pairs of socks with my boots at all times.  Now, the boots are since gone, I threw them out last year I believe, maybe the year before, my calves got way too big for them and stretched them to tear (again, not high quality boots, but they lasted like 7 years, that's pretty awesome).  So, now I wonder...

When I was skinny I didn't really work out much.  Some jogging when I felt like it, I did so sit ups and push ups everyday but that was about it.  Now, I'm working out a lot, and I'm actually eating right (I pretty much didn't eat at all 9 years ago).  Am I going to have to buy boots that are too big again?  I would be pretty sad!  I mean, I have nice calves, even when I'm big I feel like they are pretty nice, so, yeah, that's just my thoughts for the day.  I hope I do not have to buy a bigger shoe size because of my calf size this time around!!

Tomorrow is weigh in, and for the infamous line...I am not looking forward to it.  I seriously need to focus so I can have some major weeks!!  I will, I need these grey skies to go away and the warm weather to hug me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment