Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week 9 Weigh In

So, it's been a pretty crazy week!  I chose not to weigh in this week simply because I knew that if that number was higher than the week before I may not be able to get back on track for a while.  It was baby girl's first birthday and there was junk food around, well leftovers and I just couldn't say no.  I don't think I gained like 5 pounds or anything but even the thought of staying the same was going to drive me crazy, so next week, I'm expecting great things!

On Thursday I got another AMAZING surprise!  My husband bought me two tickets to Beale Street Music Festival in Memphis for my birthday!  Two my favorite bands of all times are playing!!  Me and my bff are going and I couldn't be more excited.  We went 9 years ago (and I went 8 years ago for one day with my husband) and 9 years ago, as I've talked about, was my "skinny" year!  So, this gave me some incredible motivation.  I hope I can find some "odds and ends" work to do for someone or many people to make some extra money to take with me!!  Babysitting?  Housecleaning?  Anyone? :)

So, today, I ate okay.  Then I met my TWO besties at Pizza Pro in Wentzville and if you haven't been there...you should totally go, but only if you can "afford" the calories!  It's the best pizza buffet ever and being a fatty I know pizza buffets!! So I worked out for 45 minutes before I went and then kept saying I was going to do a P90X when I got back.  By the time we ate, I went to Target, gave the kiddos a bath, picked up for a minute or two, I was yawning a lot!  And Isaac wouldn't stay down, he kept coming and laying on the couch in the living room.  I finally just said "You know what"  okay, I don't remember what it was I said, but it was hilarious and motivational and I'm really aggravated I didn't write it down in that moment like I thought I should!!  Anyway, I did a KenpoX, which is an hour workout and I was SWEATING.  Of course now I'm not yawning, but I'm so glad I did it.  Then I ate some strawberries, I had a fierce craving for them.  It could be worse, there's ice cream cake in the freezer.

So, I asked my husband how much I'd have to work out to lose a pound a day for the next 50ish days (that's how many days until the Festival) if I kept a 1500 calorie day.  And he told me about 4 hours a day (by the way, my husband is a genius and I'm not just saying that because I love him, he's sincerely a genius), but 4 hours a day - um, that's insane!  So, here's the deal:

I've talked about Lent and the thoughts of depriving myself of certain things and well, I'm not so great at that, I'm somewhat of an indulgent kind of person.  And, no, I'm not talking about materially, maybe self-indulgence, ok that's not it either.   Indulgent is DEFINITELY not a word I would ever use to describe myself.  I just don't do well with deprivation I guess.  I mean I've done it in the past and it's worked for me.  I do hope to give some stuff up but here's what I've decided I'm giving up.  Sleeping in!  Okay, this sounds so stupid simply because who in their right mind would give this up?  Especially someone with little kids, who don't always nap, and never nap at the same time.  But, after talking with my husband, if I get up early and do an hour and then as soon as the kid go to sleep do another hour, I'm half way there.  When Zoe naps, do another 30 - 60 minutes and I'm well on my way.  Plus if I don't get around to it while she naps, at least I got in 2 hours, I mean, that's pretty awesome.

So, basically, I need to go to bed right now because I have to be up super early!  And since my kids are at least sleeping in lately, maybe I can cat nap on the couch for a few minutes before getting the crew together for church in the morning.  And when I lay down I am not going to think "oh I only am going to get 5 hours of sleep" or whatever time.  I'm going to think "I have five more hours until I get to do something for myself again."

And when I feel like I'm not getting enough sleep, I can take it out on the girl who spent all those late nights binging, and not working out and fibbing about what I'm eating.  So, I'm gonna kick that girls butt and take control of THIS girls life!

No comments:

Post a Comment