Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

To shimmy or not to shimmy

Today I recorded the FitTV series "Shimmy" a.k.a. belly dancing not for beginners.  I'm a fairly coordinated individual and it did not show today.  There was another issue with a voice over, which, again is a little weird.  And they kept showing just the face of the girls, um, I kind of need to see what their bodies are doing, so I can copy it, just sayin'.  The voice over was also very demanding, which was kind of cracking me up.  The last two minutes I was instructed to "let go, just move, be free."  And well, since I had no clue what I was doing I just sort of wiggled around.  I did not sweat, which the point of working out is sweating, so this will not be a show I record regularly. 

I actually did it, I got on the scale.  I didn't have time for breakfast this morning and was getting ready to 'shimmy' and decided to just do it, to just suck it up (cause we all know sucking it in helps on the scale...right?).  It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but the few pounds I lost before Thanksgiving were waving high, I was not waving back, I was pointing with a select phalange. 

Tomorrow is the last day of 2010, I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm pretty certain 2011 is going to be amazing!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment