Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Now sizzle..

I'm not feeling especially "light hearted" today, so if I get all "heavy hearted" I will just stop writing, makes perfect sense to me.

This morning, I got on the treadmill pretty early.  I did have my alarm set for super early but just couldn't do it.  I will, one day, I know it.  Tomorrow I actually have to make sure my step son is up by 4:40am (I don't normally check, but it's super early and he has to catch a plane, so yeah).  I've considered offering to run him up to school (they are carpooling to the airport from there) so then I'd be forced to be up and then I'd work out when I get back.  That's kind of my plan...right now...maybe not at 4:40am.  Especially considering if I went to bed at this moment I'd only get about 5 1/2 hours of sleep, and I'm not going to bed at this moment.

I also worked out to "Sweatin' to the Oldies 2" today.  It's harder than the first one.  Which was apparently Richard Simmons intention.  During my work out, I cocked a play gun for my son probably 15 times, changed my daughters poopy diaper, got my son a glass of apple juice and a cookie, got my daughter up from her nap (she never slept, just screamed), and held her for at least 10 minutes of the first part of the work out.  That makes it hard to work out...for sure...but I pressed on and finished it out and I'm glad I did.  I did not try for the 1000 sit ups today, Richard (we're on a first name basis now) made me do 48, so, like 2% (I don't do math, I married a genius, so don't hate if I'm totally off) of what I was supposed to do, that's good...right?  Right!

I spent most of the evening after dinner scanning old pictures from my dad's house.  I could do this forever.  I was in a bit of a funk, and this was the easiest way not to affect everyone in the house, focus on something else. And speaking of my dad's house, I desperately need to get over there, my Christmas present to him this year was coming over once a month and cleaning.  He keeps a decently clean house, but there's just certain things that boys don't think of, and that's fine.  Plus I used to go once a month for probably 3 years and clean and I haven't for quite a while.  It'll be quite a work out, so I'm kind of eager to go take care of it.

I also spent a good chunk of time organizing "my favorites".  And it's just re-convinced me that not everything in life falls into a nice little category.  I'm having a hard time getting all my links combined into just a few folders. 

Well, I've done it, I'm officially leaving here at 5:10am to take my step son up to school in the morning.  He just got home from work and I offered, he accepted, plus, his car doesn't need to sit at school for the next 5 days anyway.  Hopefully I don't pass out in the car, in the garage when I get back!  I will count this as a blessing to get my morning off to a right start.  Plus, if I treadmill and do another work out first thing, imagine the time I'll have during nap times to do all the other things I love doing, like organizing my favorites or pictures!  Or playing my guitar; figured out the other day I know four chords, not just three, and it's been a long time since I've played it, so I'm pretty impressed with myself.   And I could still play the song "Heart of Worship" **high five**.

Okay, Okay I get it!!  Geez.  I just ate a few Hershey Kisses (with Almonds) and now I feel icky.  I've learned my lesson, since it's twice now I've done it.  When I'm eating basically veggie, chicken and fish, and some low calorie frozen entrees, apparently sugar is not a friend of mine.  Now that I've tried it twice and have gotten the same results, I can officially scratch late night sugar snack, no matter how small it is, off my list!  Which, is a good thing, because it's not like I really need it anyway, I seriously thought 2 wouldn't bother me...geez!

No comments:

Post a Comment