Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1

I hope to have cooler titles than this, but it's all I got right now. 

I worked out to "Exhale Core Fusion" which even though I wasn't drenched in sweat it was HARD, in a good way.  It was all abdominal work, or "core" work I suppose.  Which is great, and something I'm definitely going to want to do again and again as time goes on.  Especially considering core work will help with back issues and from time to time I get a sore back.  (I fell off our lawnmower last summer, it's a hilarious story I promise, but since then my back seems to get sore more often.)  There were 2 hosts for the workout, a man and a woman.  And it was voiceovers...what is up with that!!??  And it was two voices, a man and a woman, so it was kind of like listening to the voices in their heads communicate, but I'm beginning to find humor in all these voice overs so I went with it.  I was screaming in the first 3 minutes of the workout, so I'm glad I did it.  However, it probably won't be my only work out for the day anymore, it will be in addition to something that makes me sweat.  I was definitely hot and my heart was racing when I was done.  On an annoyance note, FitTV is not all fitness stuff anymore.  They do a few hours in the morning and then it's weird programming from then on out.  It will make it hard to find variation, but I got some tricks up my sleeve.

On with the food report. I'm fairly proud of my choices today.  I definitely feel good about what I accomplished in that area today.  But I'll be honest, it wasn't easy.  It took a lot of "NO" to walk past the food I would normally just pick up and eat, without a second thought.  And the late nights are really hard.  I know my husband, when he lost weight 4ish years ago, would just go to bed early, but I'm in this stage that I really like these late nights, so I may have to adjust if I can't keep up the 'no's.  I just kept reminding myself I can eat in the morning, that I'm not hungry, I just want to eat something.  I am chewing gum, I don't have an opinion on whether it's really helping me right now, or just annoying me that I'm just chewing and chewing and chewing.  It's like being on a treadmill, a lot of walking and going no place.  So, normally, now that everyone is sleeping, I'd just get up and find something to munch on, chips, a pb & j sandwich, cookies, pretty much whatever I wanted, because no one could see me doing it, so the calories didn't count right?  But instead I'm just letting the voices in my head argue it out, and I promise you, the 'good' voice will win from now on out.

I kept myself pretty busy today.  I knew if I sat and watched TV for too long, or farted around on the internet I'd reach for something to put in my mouth.  So I made sure I had a list of things I wanted to get accomplished today around the house, so I always had something to go to if I was sitting for too long and started to get the feeling I needed food.  I also have a stack of probably 25 magazines that I've never read that I also would go to in case I couldn't get my mind to settle.  I promise you the thoughts are always lingering, it's pretty ridiculous how often I think about food in a day.  I wonder what it compares to men thinking about sex in a day.  I'm sure as the days roll by I'll only realize it even more.  I'll have to retrain my brain I guess, or just find humor in the voices in my head as they duke it out.

Tomorrow is a new day.  I have to make sure I get up early enough to eat a breakfast that will satisfy me until 12:30/1ish when we get home (we leave around 8:45).  I also love the idea of getting up early enough to at least get in 30 minutes of exercise, especially since I have to start running errands pretty much as soon as we get home and eat.  So, we'll see.  I'm not going to be hard on myself if it doesn't happen.  I won't be mad at myself if I can't get a work out in until the evening.  It's all about working with what I got.  I wonder who would notice if I rocked pajama pants to church tomorrow? 

No comments:

Post a Comment