Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Week 3 Weigh In

I got on the treadmill for only 20 minutes this morning and did 50 sit ups before I cooled off, then got on the scale.  And....the results...3 pound loss!! YAY!!!  That's 9 total, I'm so close to 10 pounds, I'm so proud of myself.  I'm definitely on track to hit my goal before my birthday.  Actually just realized that I would not hit my goal, so I will have to step it up for a few weeks, but I'm confident I can do this!


This is my countdown calendar.  Isn't it pretty?  So I have 105 days left to drop the weight I want to before my birthday.  I don't have it hanging up anywhere it just sits by my desk and every morning I take the top sheet off.  I'm sure it'll be rewarding to watch the stack get smaller and smaller and the number on the scale get smaller and smaller.

We had a coupon for a free "chicken fajita pita" from Jack in the Box so I had that for lunch today and a small fry, it's the first fast food I've had since probably December 30th-ish.  Which normally I'd have fast food at least once a week if not twice a week and Chinese Buffet probably once a week or every other week.  And it'll probably be the only fast food I have for at least another 3 weeks.  And, a couple hours later, I felt so sick to my stomach and icky in my head, pretty positive it was the fast food.  It's funny because I much rather would have had a big, fat greasy cheeseburger and a giant french fry, I guess it's good I didn't or I may have for real been sick!!   I ended up eating a yummy salad for dinner because I knew I needed something of substance.  It was great and now I want carrots, celery or an apple for my snack, weird isn't it?  Three weeks and I'm already realizing what crappy food is doing to me! 

My husband did some calculations and for me, he's like a genius.  Anyway, if I keep doing what I'm doing, about an hour of working out a day and keeping my calories on an average of 1350 a day (I average anywhere between 1000 - 1500 in a day) then I'd lose 3 pounds a week.  Unfortunately it will not get me under 200 by the first week in May.  So, I won't mess with my calories because that's just really unsafe, but I will have to step up some exercising to 1 1/2 - 2 hours a day for a few weeks to try to push for 4 - 6 pound weeks.  So, I'm not discouraged.  First, one day...one beautiful glorious day...it'll be Spring again and I can work out outside, yay!  Second, okay, that's really it.  Wait, second, I'm simply confident in my abilities! :)

Tomorrow I'll need to get on the treadmill before I leave for my dad's, not only will it wake me up but it'll keep me from over eating while I'm there!



No comments:

Post a Comment